Saturday, January 1, 2011

new year: new beginning



"go confidently in the direction of your dreams. live the life you have imagined."
-henry david thoreau

hello, blog. remember me? i was a little hesitant to blog again, but i've desperately been wanting to write, and i realized my reasons for putting off this blog post was silly. so here i am, in the kansas city airport, thinking of a new year ahead. psychologically, i think new year's is a rocking holiday. it's hard for me to arbitrarily rationalize new beginnings, so that's why this holiday is perfect-o.


in the past month, i've done a lot of thinking, reflecting, and soul searching. my zen trance started when i had to teach my kids romantic and transcendental texts. i love the fact that, 150 years later, a little anti-social man by the name of thoreau can completely tug at my heart and stretch my brain.


the past year has been hard: emotionally, mentally, etc. i'm not the best handler of change, and this year was defined by change. but i feel like i'm getting my bearings, finally. or, at least i'm trying to. while there are still a lot of uncertainties, i'm taking intentional steps in my life to be at peace, of which i am proud. i'm understanding more and more that my happiness is my responsibility, and i'm intending to make decisions in my life that lend themselves to happiness. while i know this is easier said than done, i'm going to do my best. life is too short not to.


so, while i don't know where 2011 will take me, who it will take from my life, and who it will add to my life, i'm ready. i'm ready to embrace 2011. watch me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are back writing! Keep it up! I definitely hope that the New Year involves some Sarah+Lyndsay time!

    ReplyDelete