Thursday, April 2, 2009

another blog in the pot-o-blogs


i've been debating on whether or not to start a new blog for awhile now. my livejournal account has collected dust, and while i contemplated reviving it, i realized that my livejournal represents a different time in my life, and to combine then in now would be awkward.

i'm not blogging again because i have intriguing, groundbreaking things to say. i don't. i want to start a blog because i want discourse. i want to share things that i think about and, because of my crazy schedule and other variables, i feel like i can't. and so they ferment inside of me, eventually fading away. even if no one reads this, it will help me to share, to analyze, and to sort out my thoughts, beliefs, and ideas. and if someone reads and takes something away along the way, all the better.

i'm calling this blog "coming up." the title is somewhat loaded, so let me explain. first of all, it refers to my thoughts and feelings coming up to the surface and being transferred into a reality outside of my mind. "coming up" also refers to my latest need to push myself to be more. by "coming up," i am stepping up to the plate of potential and taking swings that i am so often too scared to take. finally, "coming up" is a great poem by ani difranco, which talks about social inequities, life's busyness, and a whole mirage of other themes.

so, as difranco says, "I'm getting bold in my old age." I am coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment