Monday, July 20, 2009

lovely ladies in my life



there's this one
she's sassy.
she leaves long voicemails
2 minutes sometimes
and she always ends them with
a period and a smile.

then there's this one
she's silent and strong.
she walks with me
the whole while making me laugh
with each step.
and at the end of each day
a hug awaits me. peace.

oh, and this other one
she's vivacious.
she's my teacher
my therapist
and my confidant.
she puts it all in perspective:
even if the subject is wilford brimley.

i can't forget this other one
she's graceful.
but in her grace, she's forceful.
intentional.
she listens with interest
and concern: the best kind of listener there is.

oh yeah, and this other one
she's silly.
she doesn't try; it's just her.
her demeanor is innocent,
and her questions are true.
she's a socratic saint.

and not to mention this one...

i. am. blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment