Tuesday, August 11, 2009

turning it over in my mind

sorry for my blogging hiatus. i've been nose-deep in a puddle of contemplation, nothing of which belonged in this sharing space. while i feel self-awareness is a good thing, i've been muddling over my life, who i am, where i am, etc. to the point of retreating into a hole. sometimes i think i will never figure me out. and maybe that's ok. but i hope i can, someday, reach a point of contentment. that's my only desire.

i've been reading a book called this i believe II, which has impacted me profoundly. i used to believe in a lot of things. i used to believe in a lot of things PASSIONATELY. i don't anymore. not in the way i used to, at least. as i reflect on the beliefs of others, i've been trying to reconnect with my own beliefs, which has been uplifting.

sometimes i yearn to be 30. for some reason, i think i'll have it all figured out by then. but i probably won't. and i think that, perhaps, that's what life is all about; a continuous cycle of trying to figure it all out.







No comments:

Post a Comment